Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tropical Storm Kyle

5 years ago tomorrow Nova Scotia was hit with a rather damaging hurricane named Juan. It took us a long time to recover and some of the recovery is still in progress. Tomorrow we are awaiting a visit from Tropical Storm Kyle with predictions of winds just below hurricane strength and up to 100 mm of rain. Now I usually enjoy a good storm, my home is located on ocean frontage property and it can be brutal and beautiful at the same time, but I'm not opening welcoming arms for Kyle.

We have spent the day battening down the hatches and making sure we have batteries and other necessary supplies, since after Juan we went for a week without electricity, but I'm hoping the preparation is all for naught and Kyle loses his strength or better yet leaves us alone totally. Anyway according to the meteorologists we should be prepared, it's pretty much a sure thing and will hit around mid afternoon tomorrow and go through most of the night. So I'll say a prayer that it's not that bad, that no-one gets hurt, and the damage will be minimal and hopefully it will be answered. If not, then we will once again pick up the pieces (literally) just as we did 5 years ago and life shall move forward. As I said I enjoy a good storm, but I think maybe this one not so much.

It's Crazy Isn't It?

JayJay

5 comments:

cheatymoon said...

We're getting some of that right now... it's a little wild, but I think it's reorganizing to be stronger for you guys tomorrow. Hang in there, hope it's ok.

Ocean front? Like I could take the CAT up your way? (we're in Maine)

Pseudo said...

I'll keep you in my thoughts and pray that the storm dies down before to gets to you.

Hang on!

Jay Jay said...

Thanks everyone. We spent yesterday getting ready, so I think we'll be okay, fingers crossed. Movie you could take the CAT at least to Yarmouth.

Have a great day.

Pseudo said...

Everythin OK over there?

Jay Jay said...

Everything is fine Pseudo, the storm was not as bad as forecasted. A few downed trees, but overall nothing too bad. Thanks for checking in.

Jayjay

The Ocean Speaks

The Ocean Speaks

About Me

I'm a 40 something year old mother, married with two almost adult children. Life is good.