Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Visit From a Woodpecker

I often watch the birds during the day as they get busy with their flapping around and doing whatever it is they need to do, but today, I saw something I have never seen before. A woodpecker perched itself on my clothesline. Now, I have seen woodpeckers before, but never perched on a clothesline. It wasn't hard to tell he wasn't used to it because he had great difficulty keeping his balance. He stayed for about 5 minutes and had a good look around while I stood just a few feet away and watched. It was wonderful to see one so close up and to see one standing still for such a long time.

Anyway, believe it or not, that was my excitement for today and it was really kind of exciting. We see a lot of wild creature where I live including many deer, fox, squirrels, whales, porpoise and the believe it or not the odd owl, but this was something new and different. Nature is a wonderful thing.

It's Crazy Isn't It?

Jay Jay

No comments:

The Ocean Speaks

The Ocean Speaks

About Me

I'm a 40 something year old mother, married with two almost adult children. Life is good.