Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And Some Days Not So Normal

Have you ever read the poem May You Always Have Enough…by Patricia Bankhead. It reads as follows:

May you always have enough…

Joy to make you laugh
Hope to make you smile
Sorrow to keep you praying
Faith through your trials

Peace so you can rest
Pain to make you strong
Wealth to meet your needs
Friends to cheer you on

May God give you enough love from day to day
To help somebody else along the way

Well just a day after I had written about the greatness of a normal day, I had a not normal day. We had a situation at school, which was somewhat frightening, my oldest moved out (again), and many other little things, which were not normal, occurred. It reminded me of this poem because it made me think if we didn't have those days, which are "not normal", then we might not recognize the wonderful serenity that goes hand in hand with a normal day. I think this poem should also include the line "enough chaos to make normal seem like the best thing on earth".

It’s Crazy Isn’t It?

JayJay

1 comment:

cheatymoon said...

Gotta love the contrast, eh?

Not having a normal week here at all.

The Ocean Speaks

The Ocean Speaks

About Me

I'm a 40 something year old mother, married with two almost adult children. Life is good.