Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Love Long Weekends

You have to love a long weekend, that extra day just adds so much. We had a great weekend with family and friends, got lots of chores done and got to enjoy the outdoors also because the weather was great.

Even though the autumn is just a precursor to winter, I still love it. I love the crisp, dry air, the wonderful colours, Thanksgiving and even though winter is coming it brings thoughts of (dare I say it) Christmas, which is another one of my favourite holidays.

This fall I plan to really enjoy myself and take in as much of the outdoors as possible. I have also decided to take on a more positive attitude toward winter. Remember when you were a kid and a snowfall was exciting because you looked forward to sledding and making snowmen and skating, instead of heating and shoveling. So to that end I have made a vow to do more sledding and skating and snowman making and less shoveling and maybe, just maybe I will enjoy this winter like I did when I was a child.

It's Crazy Isn't It?

JayJay

3 comments:

cheatymoon said...

I really look forward to winter because it means hibernating and sinking into good books and being cozy. I like the outside too, but the inside of winter is great for me.

Nice post!

Jay Jay said...

Thanks Movie. I like the coziness also, but I'm trying to push myself to be more active in the winter. Hopefully, it works.

JayJay

Pseudo said...

I miss Autumn. Everything about it. And I agree with Movie. It's so hard when you live in Haawaii to not feel guilty when you stay indoors all day. Closest I get is a good rain.

The Ocean Speaks

The Ocean Speaks

About Me

I'm a 40 something year old mother, married with two almost adult children. Life is good.